Top 3 Centrifuges for Small to Mid-Sized Biotech Labs
There is no argument over the fact that a centrifuge is a must have equipment for all biotech labs. However, not all labs can afford the high-end more expensive centrifuges. With a huge range of centrifuges available in the market, it is not always a convenient task to choose the lab equipment that will be suitable for a particular biotech lab. Taking this into consideration, we have taken the liberty of mentioning three of the top centrifuges which are highly suitable for a small to a mid-sized lab in San Diego. Let’s take a closer look at our top three.
The Eppendorf 5810R centrifuge is compatible with up to 50mL conical vials as well as multiple microtiter plates. Be it micro-filtration, a quick spin down, blood or urine sample separation, or cell and bacteria separation, the aforementioned centrifuge is going to be perfectly suitable for all such tasks. It offers a speed range of up to 5000 rpm.
- Extraordinary versatility and capacity for both tubes and plates with an extraordinary compact footprint.
- Compact 3 liter centrifuge.
- Perfectly suitable for bacteriology, clinical, cell biology, and molecular biology use.
Considering its small size, the Eppendorf 5417R is a highly efficient, space saving centrifuge. This centrifuge is an excellent option if you would like to save valuable bench space without having to compromise in terms of safety and versatility. The compact construction and built-in safety features enable you to obtain high speeds with maximum capacity and safety.
- Maximum speed of you to 14000 rpm.
- Efficient refrigeration with fast cool option.
- Safety lid lock.
- Automatic imbalance detection.
- Power factor control.
Sorvall ST 8 Small Benchtop Centrifuge:
This centrifuge enables you to meet your research and clinical requirements. It is available in refrigerated as well as ventilated models. This centrifuge offers a compact design yet exceptional capacity. It is smart, compatible with various different lab applications, and offers a user-friendly interface. Its speed ranges from 300 to 4500 rpm if a swinging bucket rotor is being used or 300 to 16,000 rpm in the case of a fixed angle rotor. With the former, maximum RCF is 3260×g and 24,328×g with the latter. The capacity is 4×145 mL with the former and 6×50 mL with the latter.
- Secure with a built-in push button auto-lock.
- Bio-containment sealing options.
- Premium quality materials used to manufacture the centrifuge.
- One touch operations with quiet performance.
- Detergent and glove friendly with a backlit display for better visibility.
- As per the latest clinical as well as the safety standards.
- Instructions available in multiple languages.
While there are several different options available in the market if you are looking for centrifuges for a small to a mid-sized biotech lab, the above-mentioned options are some of the finest and most cost efficient options available.
Here at Prodigy Scientific we strive to bring you high quality, refurbished lab equipment for all your instrumentation needs. Contact us today for all your lab equipment needs or to discuss the details of your next acquisition.