3 Best Mass Spectrometers for a Small to Mid-Size Analytical Lab
Mass spectrometry is a technology that has only recently been introduced in clinical laboratories. Due to its major advantages and countless applications, the use of this technique is increasing day by day. Almost all the mid-sized laboratories now have a mass spectrometer. However, choosing the best spectrometer is not an easy task because of a wide range of options available in the market. To simplify this task for you, we have made a list of top 3 mass spectrometers that are perfect for mid-sized lab and are easily available in the market.
The API 4000 is a mass spectrometer that uses TurboIonSpray and the atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI) technology to produce ions from liquid samples. This instrument is specially designed to perform different complex mass spectrometry and mass spectrometry analysis and is perfect for any mid-sized lab. The system offers enhanced and high flow rate performance and the self-cleaning probe design also significantly reduces the maintenance and increases the functionality of the equipment.
- One of the major features of this equipment is the high sensitivity which allows low detection limits.
- It is easy to use and you can use this machine to quantitate over a wide range of flow rates.
- The equipment is run by highly innovative software that automatically generates data.
- The automatic data acquisition and easy to use features make it a fast and reliable mass spectrometer for small to mid-sized labs.
Waters ZQ 2000 is a quality lab mass spectrometer which offers good performance and is perfect for mid-sized and small labs which require nominal mass resolution for different mass spectrometry applications. This is a highly sensitive system which is famous for its accurate and fast results. The equipment is really easy to use and you can quickly interchange inlet probes without breaking the vacuum.
- This is an air-cooled mass spectrometer.
- The system has a mass range of up to 2000 Daltons.
- The liquid inlet tubes are vertically mounted which reduces the tube length and peak dispersion.
- The source gas flow rate can be digitally controlled.
- The equipment is software controlled that not only makes it more accurate, it also makes the system easy to calibrate and tune.
One of the main features of Thermo Scientific LTQ XL mass spectrometer is that it offers multiple dissociation techniques, making it the most diverse equipment on our list. This machine uses PQD, CID and ETD techniques for different structural elucidations. The machine is very sensitive and easy to operate and gives the most accurate mass spectrometry results and analysis which makes it perfect for any type of lab setting.
- The sensitivity of the equipment and accuracy of the results are the two main features of this mass spectrometer.
- HRI or High-Resolution Isolation allows you to isolate mass peaks accurately giving you a cleaner MS spectrum.
- The ultra-fast polarity switching allows you to generate more accurate results.
- With Ultra ZoomScan feature you get an excellent determination of charge state.
While the options available for mass spectrometers in the market place are endless, Prodigy Scientific has selected the top three products which have met customer satisfaction levels worldwide. The products that we have mentioned in this article are perfect for any small to the mid-sized lab. So don’t wait, contact us today to get a quote for the mass spectrometer you’re looking for.
Here at Prodigy Scientific we strive to bring you high quality, refurbished lab equipment for all your instrumentation needs. Contact us today for all your lab equipment needs or to discuss the details of your next acquisition.